Monday Quiz Thing
Meant to do this at work today but was doing other stuff. We have another new member, yay! If you have any friends you think might want to join please pass on the url to them. I am nearly finished my Ronald Hutton book, thank goodness. Both alas and joy that I then have two more to read. I was in a second hand bookshop yesterday and I happened across an edition of The Spiral Dance by Starhawk that I had just been reading about in my Hutton book so I bought that too.
There was a line in the Hutton book I read just not long before I got off the bus coming home and it really stood out to me as something I absolutely believe and one of the reason I was so hacked off at the Samhain open ritual. He was summing up the basic spoken and unspoken tenets of Wicca and one thing he said was, "pagan witchcraft can have no congregations or audiences, everybody present at its workings must be an active participant." I absolutely agree with this, I don't think this means that new people can't be involved in ritual, I just think it means that a ritual must take into consideration all the people that will be present and transform itself accordingly to include them all.
Another interesting thing he pointed out in the same section was an apparant contradiction which I had not considered before and so I thought I would make it the topic of this weeks questions...
1. Do you believe in reincarnation?
2. Do you believe your "karma" affects your next reincarnation?
3. What do you think happens in the period between reincarnations?
4. Do you believe in ghosts or communication with the long dead such as the day of the dead aspects of Samhain?
5. If you answered yes to 1 and 4, how do you reconcile a belief in reincarnation with the existence/presence of long dead spirits or ghosts?
Feel free to elaborate as much as you want, one word answers are acceptable, essays are welcome. Current Mood: curious